- You need Scanner to import data from the outside
- Private allows only the method (current class) to use the variable inside it, and does not allow any other class to use the variable. (Isolated to current class)
- Methods are Functions
In Java, everything begins with the class. No class, no java.
- public means that main() can be called from anywhere
- static means that main() doesn’t belong to a specific object
- void means that main() returns no value
- main is the name of a function. main() is special because it is the start of the program
- String means an array of String
args is the name of the String (within the body of main()) args is not special; you could name it anything else and the program would work the same.
- import java.util.Scanner: You need to import the tools that you want to use; java only uses the things it needs.